Great value hair styling from ghd
The ghd Original IV hair straightener is the cheapest of all ghd stylers but it can still achieve virtually all of the styles the ghd are renown for. Although its called the Original, the IV signifies that it was the 4th generation of ghd hair straightener and although its design does look older than more recent models it is still a very capable styler which is a testament to how good the design is. What is the difference between the Original IV, gold and the platinum+?
- A key difference between the 3 generations of styler are the plate design and the temperature sensing in the plates. An Original IV styler has one sensor per plate. The Gold has two sensors per plate. The Platinum+ has a grid of sensors in each plate. The better the temperature sensing the better the temperature control which means better styling and less hair damage.
- The IV and gold stylers are for wavy or hair with gentle curls. If your hair is curlier than this it will not be straightened as well as the platinum+
- If you have curlier hair you could blow dry your hair straight 1st and then use your Original IV or gold ghd to style.
- The IV and gold styler is for natural, tinted or highlighted hair. If your hair is all over bleached we recommend platinum+
- If your have fine of fragile hair or you are using your ghd’s daily we would recommend Platinum+
The ghd gold hair straightener provides many of the essential strengths you require from an excellent heat styler at a really good value price. It is the best hair straightener in this price range and we highly recommend it. What makes it such a great hair styler? Here are the highlights:
- ghd have always led the way in terms of styling plate temperature control. The better the temperature control the more effective the styling. ghd research found that 185ºC is the optimum temperature for best styling and least hair damage. One sensor per plate ensure very good temperature control.
- The lower temperatures of ghd’s also protects your colour more than stylers that operate at higher temperatures. Testing has found the colour protection to be twice that of a heat styler that operates at 230ºC.
- Reliability: We only use ghd styling tools in our salon as they are unsurpassed both in terms of performance and reliability. We need a styling tool that we can rely on and our ‘fleet’ of ghd stylers are in use virtually non-stop all day every day and they don’t let us down.
- Smooth, contoured floating plates for quick, frizz-free styling and excellent shine
- The round barrel design allows a wide range of fast and easy styles
- Automatic sleep mode which switches your ghd’s off after 30 minutes of not being used. No more worry that you have left your heat stylers on when you are out!
- Universal voltage for use anywhere in the world
Call in to Brighton’s ghd destination salon for a free demonstration!
Guarantee: 2 years manufacturers guarantee