This is a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic, creative and successful team at North Laine Hair Company, one of Brighton and Hove’s most highly regarded hair salons.
Hairdressing jobs Brighton: A vacancy exists for an exceptional Senior Hair Stylist who wants to work as part of a great team at a Brighton hair salon with a reputation for excellence in our customer service and technical standards. As a Redken elite & ghd destination salon with a passion for education, we offer excellent training and development opportunities.
We are looking to recruit a creative and passionate stylist who works to the highest professional standards. The salon was established in 2007 and has grown in this time to a team of 14 and now with significant further expansion of the salon currently in progress. A very strong reputation and high demand means you will have the opportunity to quickly build a large client base, benefit from our generous payment plan and work with a very welcoming, dedicated and capable team.
This position would suit a highly motivated and positive senior stylist who wants to be a member of a great team and have the opportunity to develop their career as the business grows.
Minimum NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing or equivalent
We are seeking a stylist with extensive experience and the highest standard of skills in the following techniques:
- Styling & cutting
- All aspects of colouring including correction (knowledge of Redken colour is an advantage)
- Chemical straightening (preferred but not essential)
- Kerastraight treatments (preferred but not essential)
- Hair up styles (preferred but not essential)
- Perming (preferred but not essential)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Great team member
- Strong communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organisation skills
- Good product knowledge and consultation skills
- Good time management skills
- Cutting & colouring (and/or perming/straightening/hair up as skills allow)
- Building a client base through excellent service
- Prescribe correct care products to all clients
- Detailed knowledge of all product ranges offered
- Full knowledge of all the services and prices offered
- The position is full time (around 35 hours per week) and we offer a generous total package consisting of a fixed salary plus commission with 28 days of paid holiday
- The salon is open 7 days a week with late opening on Wednesdays and Thursdays
- The position requires the applicant to work five days a week with days off assigned on a rotating basis
We are committed to the highest quality of staff training and personal development. A training and development plan is agreed during the first 3 months of employment and reviewed as part of the appraisal process. Training typically takes place both at L’Oreal/Redken Exchange in London, GHD Academy Soho or in salon.
Hairdressing Jobs Brighton: To apply please send your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you feel you are suitable for this position to Kate Winder by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
North Laine Hair Company, 38 Gardner Street, Brighton, BN1 1UN